9 Mar 2018: Criminal probe launched as sectarian flyer showing abuse against ‘Fenians’ surfaces before match
The flyer, posted on the “Union Bears” Facebook page showed a silhouette image of someone wearing a green-and-white hooped jersey being kicked in the head while on the ground, surrounded by text reading: “Good night, green white.”
And added: “The Union Bears have organized a fans march to Ibrox before Sunday’s game against the Fenian’s. The march will leave the Kinning Park Louden Tavern at 10.45am. Wearing dark coloured clothing is encouraged. Please pass this on to fellow Rangers supporters. “UB07.”
Match commander Superintendent Alan Murray revealed Police Scotland is now looking into the controversial flyer. He said: “We are aware of a planned fans’ march on Sunday and would urge supporters not to join in.
Large groups of fans moving together can cause problems and I am asking fans to make their way to the ground as normal. We are aware of the content of the advert connected to the march, which permission has not been granted for.
A criminal investigation has been launched into the wording and logo of the advert.”
The fan pages have called for Police Scotland to take action against the Union Bears, with the statement: “The time to act is now, when the incitement is so explicit as it is with the Union Bears’ poster.
Waiting until after the called-for assaults have taken place is not an option. There is no place for this in football and there is no place for this in Scotland.” (Evening Express)
11 Mar 2018: Hundreds join Rangers v Celtic game march in defiance of police
Hundreds joined in a Rangers ultras fans group-organized march promoted by a sectarian hate-filled flyer which also depicted a Celtic supporter being booted on the ground. The, “Goodnight Green and White” banner was draped across a large group of face covered, balaclava-wearing marchers at the front.
The marchers set off red, white and blue smoke bombs in support of the Union and sang celebratory Rangers songs and sectarian offensive songs including “Follow, Follow” containing the “f*** the Pope and the Vatican”.
The police who had urged Rangers fans to boycott the unauthorized march have launched a probe into Rangers fan group the Union Bears. (Evening Express)
15 Mar 2018: Fake news:
To MSP Members of the Tory Party Rangers Football Club
I’m writing to hopefully discuss the disgusting scenes witnessed at Ibrox yesterday. I have attended hundreds of football matches at Ibrox, Parkhead And Hampden but I have never seen a Rangers supporters march like yesterday. As a Rangers supporter, it’s safe to say I was afraid for my safety and that of Celtic fans also attending.
I appreciate there’s not a huge amount that can be done following the recent removal from statute, by the Unionist parties at Holyrood, of the SNP government anti-social behaviour legislation, but I am keen to know your thoughts on the matter, none the less, and hoped as the Tory Party is the main opposition, they would be the best body to contact.
I know I speak for the majority of Rangers fans when I say that we can’t accept what happened yesterday getting swept under the rug by the Unionist supporting, media, press and BBC.
What follows, in case of interest, are the lines the Scottish Conservatives have put out today 14 Mar 2018.
“The “Union Bears” organized illegal march on Sunday before the match ruined what should have been a great advert for Scottish football.
It is understood that Police Scotland have set up a unit to investigate the matter further, and the Tory Party would urge them to ensure that all routes are taken to identify and charge anyone involved in criminal acts.
The hard work of footballing authorities, the police, football teams and their supporters has meant that significant progress has been made in the past two decades in making attending football matches in Scotland safer and more enjoyable, sadly the scenes on Saturday represent a significant setback for that progress.”
This is not the end of this matter, but I hope you can see from the above that we have made a start in getting to the bottom of this, with a view to ensuring that all relevant lessons are learned.
With very best wishes: Glasgow Rangers Football Club Conservative Party MSP’s (http://forum.followfollow.com)
14 Mar 2018: Forum members comments:
* Bravo the Tory Party. I actually trust it to do their best for us.
* I’m heartened to read that response from the Tory Party
* Thank you Tory MSP’s. I trust the party will be vigilant when the SNP and Labour attempt to whitewash this affair.
* If this party was in charge, they would get more votes.
* One of the reasons why I voted Conservative for the first time in recent elections.
* That is the difference between a real political party and a shower of charlatans (SNP and Labour).
* Impressed with that response.
* That reply is very good. Hope they deliver.
* Good reply, The SNP could learn from the Unionist Tory Party.
* This is the result of voting Conservative in the Glasgow region. Don’t give SNP or Labour your votes, they despise Gers fans not like the Tory’s who love us.
* This is one of the reasons I voted conservative for the first time
* Excellent response. I don’t know why we don’t vote more conservative in Scotland.
* A good reply. Glad to see that we have someone our side.
* Best political response so far…..sadly maybe the only one. Sunday’s troubles and concerns should transcend politics.
* Excellent reply from the Tory party. It’s good to know we have politician’s in our corner. I may need some advice later.
* The Tory’s have just gained a vote for the next election. Bravo. But hopefully they will keep to their word and clamp down on the Ultra’s.
One reply on “Rangers Union Bears March in Support of Rangers Football Club – Condemned by Tory Party MSP Club Members (not)”
Why are you bothered about a bunch of kids waving flags? They are no different from the Green thingys…
Just kids doing kid things..
Honestly, if your a Calton lad you should be more humiliated by the ICF who absolutely walked all over the Gallowgate at will for decades. Agree?
Seriously, the UB are kids, just into football. Unsavoury, maybe but harmless…
If you have a problem I’m sure the ICF will solve it. Just ask